Monday, June 25, 2012

FOR 'BOTH' OF YOU

I have been at war with myself over the past little while. I have always wanted to dedicate something to the A-SQUAD, to Auggie and to Juanita a dear "inherited aunt" who recently passed away. I had yet to do this because I wasn't entirely sure on how to go about it. How does one dedicate something to two people who meant the world to others and make it so their families would appreciate what they have written. I wasn't sure then on how to start and I'm still not sure now, but I'm going to try anyway.

TO JUANITA AND FAMILY:

Juanita, the time I got to spend with you was phenomenal. So many gifts and memories you had to share with those around you. Both a good influence and a bad influence, yet you remained so kind and giving throughout all things. Even up until your fading days. Someone asked me on the day of your funeral what I will remember most about you, and my answer was simple. "I will remember the drinking, smoking, swearing, fishing and how we used to both gang up on Alex (a new found sibling thanks to you, you've brought us closer together) and tell him to not be lazy and dish up dinner for himself. Also your kindness and ability to make all feel loved and welcome." It didn't matter how you did this, you always succeeded. Always full of humour it never appeared that anything could get you down. I still remember the time you first started getting sick. You kept on saying that you had a cold that wouldn't bloody go away and then one day we found out it really was. Such a strong independent woman you remained, right up until the end. When I looked at you lying so silently there, there was a smile on your face and so peaceful did you look. I love you Juanita and you are missed and will carry on being missed. TAKE CARE AND RIP

TO AKUSITINA AND THE A-SQUAD:

Akusitina, time has passed since you left this world and entered another and yet you remain ever present in the lives of many. I never knew you well but I remember you almost everyday. I particularly remember one time in assembly when you got up on stage and had a dance off with several other people (a skill you passed on to the twins). You always had a smile on your face. I remember your passing. Everyone from your year was called to school, and even though others didn't know what was going on, our year knew (or at least we had an idea) when the twins never showed up to school for a while. So many people remember you, an entire group (the A-Squad) was formed for you and they still, to my knowledge, visit you every once in a while. Mad respect girl. You were loved. I never really spoke to anyone about you but you touched me and I know the twins would agree, regardless of whether or not people knew you by blood or were just friends at school, once you made an impression on someone, that impression was/is left forever. You are missed you awesome girl. TAKEN TO SOON! TAKE CARE AND RIP!


No comments:

Post a Comment